- Read and pay careful attention to all directions.
- Read each passage and accompanying questions.
- Read every possible answer--the best one could be last.
- Read and respond to questions one at a time rather than thinking about the whole test.
- Reread, when necessary, the parts of a passage needed for selecting the correct answer.
- Don't expect to find a pattern in the positions of the correct answers.
- Don't make uneducated guesses. Try to get the correct answer by reasoning and eliminating wrong answers.
- Decide exactly what the question is asking; one response is clearly best.
- Don't spend too much time on any one question.
- Skip difficult questions until all other questions have been answered. On scrap paper, keep a record of the unanswered items to return to, if time permits.
- Make sure to record the answer in the correct place on the answer sheet.
- Only change an answer if you are sure the first one you picked was wrong. Be sure to completely erase changed answers.
- Work as rapidly as possible with accuracy.
- After completion of the test, use any remaining time to check your answers.
- Keep a good attitude. Think positively!